Friday, May 30, 2014

Sailing seagulls

Seagulls! I am going to the Caribbean on a sailing vacation, in and out of the local haunts to treat my senses to another pathway, the way of the Islands. I'm getting the fuck out of town, if you know what I mean. Charleston is now inundated with outsiders playing about as if they were in La La Land. They are the short -timers. To them, Charleston is their stage of opportunity; they are into their own pleasure; that's why the short -timers are there; it is "the place" because it makes a great stage to play on. I'm wishing them all the best. But for me, I'm getting out of town. I'm going to have a "light libation" for the next 21 days. I'm so thrilled to be able to free myself; I never imbibe in the USA. I have to leave the country; than it is OK to trickle, twirl, and swirl the pleasures of imbibing the spirits that be. I will free my self from old assumptions; I'm stepping onto the Island's stage performing in my own metamorphosis. It's my attitude and my scenes that will touch, taste, and toy with the Island's spirits. However they come at me, I will welcome them with open arms. This is the time to discern previously unseen patterns allowing one's imagination unfettered exploration. "You cannot get there from here." Updike understood the haunting sound of the Island's spirit. You cannot ever get anywhere from here because you have to go to some other place first to get directions and than maybe you too will get lost on your way to getting there. Now! There is always a prelude to the opening act on opening night- my luggage, not my emotional baggage. It can only be 62 linear inches and not more than 40 pounds. Plus! My backpack is considered as part of my total luggage limitations; beyond this, there is an extra charge. I want to sail with the Seagull; they -the air lines- want to nickel and dime me after they promised me that there way was my way; but, I think what they meant was that I want it their way but of course I could always drive; there is the highway. I heard it before:  "It's my way or the highway" which will it be?       

No comments:

Post a Comment