Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Memories: neighbors from yesterday's fantacy.


What happened to the quiet? It left when the guest came in. I think this situation is the sandwich of life; I think that I really only want a bit of the sandwich. All I can say is that life is a high maintenance sandwich; you probably know that, right. So, what is the problem?  Well, before I went to prison, my theme was "May Yesterday's Dream Be Tomorrow's Memory." Now there is no dream. There is only being a felon. Slave to the powers that enslave.  Except, I did have fun yesterday. I'm walking through the neighborhood and my neighbor asked me, "Where have you been?" Well, that started me on remembering all the westerns I watched on TV when I was a young boy.  This is how I described  the park I had been in, the Joshua Tree National Park, while enjoying rock climbing.  I felt as if I were one of those cowboys in the movies. SO, I asked my neighbor to remember when he too watched those westerns, and he did. I told him that the western screen looks just like the park with all of those wonderful rock formations some as high as a mountain.  Well that led to one of the all time high's from those day's. Everyone likes the movie "Some Like it Hot" and remembers that scene where Marilyn walks on top of the subway vent and the wind blows up through the subway's vent sending her skirt up in the air as she valiantly tries to hold on to her vanity.  Well like every other boy my age, I wish I could have caught the site of her panties. My neighbor agreed with me; he too wanted to see Marilyn's panties. Well, I told  him that 29 Palms was only 60 minutes from Palm Springs, by car. And right in the middle of their town square, there is a 30 to 40 foot statue of Marilyn Monroe in her iconic pose, holding down her skirt while the vent is blowing up air form the passing train running under the streets. And I did look up as I stood under neath the statue of Marilyn and I saw her panties. I was a kid again just like in the Joshua national park on a "horse with no name." I was the western movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment