Saturday, October 26, 2013

I'm a 1957 Chevy, you know!  I was born in 1942, meaning that, I was 15 years old, like you; the only difference is the cohort that spawned us.
        "Today" appears every day:  we dance to different music. When I was fifteen, you could find me in one of those "titty-bars" on Tremont St. -downtown Boston- in the 'combat-zone' where the girls were as sweet as the trumpeter's cheeks just blowing on that Horn. 
         You came onto the scene in 1989 - the same year that I entered the "Icicle Garden." In 2004, you too were searching for something sweet. Well, the thing is this, like hindsight,  how is this catch-22 phase working out -something sweet?
           As for me, the train never leaves the station, "The Icicle Garden." That is where they stamp your passport: Land of-the-felon, society's untouchable.

No comments:

Post a Comment