Thursday, December 15, 2016

knowing...

the unattainable "lie"...lies at my feet in the form of a gracious dock's presence in my visual cortex. So! If I cannot attain it what do I do to attenuate it. My neighbor has a dock on the Ashley river; it cuts my view of the landing place of the town's heritage. Yes! I love the view -dock or no dock- but I want to covet my neighbor's dock like a man covets his desire, visiting daily if I could  onto its deck, viewing its view. It's a marvelous view. Yet, I know that if I knew the secret ( there is always a secret) - I would have my knowing that I was forgiven for the stench of much fury upon me because of a devious sense of privilege, class. It's the Southern way or the highway. It's their way of interpreting the constitution. It's out to repeal the reconstruction construct laid upon it after the Civil war between the North and the South. For, as you can see, as far as the South is concerned, the North never did understand the intricacy of Class. For example, there is an expression out & about in society today that goes something like this: ..."I can not see it from my house"...as a response to the dilemma at hand.  Self best interest is flourishing in the Southern mind set. Yes! as said by Updike, "you can't get there from here." Its there form of class war fare: if you are a felon then you deserve to be treated as a felon like the South thought it was being treated; you know, like because they lost the war, they were shunned as felons too.  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment